How to Convert Multiple MBOX to PST? Free Methods
convert multiple MBOX to PST: The MBOX format is used to store several email messages in a single database file. MBOX files are used by a wide variety of open-source email clients to hold mailbox information. This includes Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Power Mail, Entourage, Eudora, etc. These email applications can be utilized by the user in order to handle their email correspondence. Microsoft Outlook is the best email client available today since it serves as so much more than just an email communication tool for businesses.
MS Outlook is capable of producing an endless number of accounts, each of which can be configured to work with a different type of server and be given access to an expanded set of capabilities, including those for managing contacts, calendars, appointments, tasks, notes, journals, and so on. However, in order for users to take use of these features that come included with Outlook, they will need to convert multiple MBOX to PST format that is supported by Outlook.
Why Should You Use Microsoft Outlook Instead of MBOX Email Clients?
It is important to have a clear understanding of the benefits offered by the PST format in comparison to the MBOX format before attempting to convert multiple MBOX to PST.
- PST can handle a wide variety of files
Due to its limited functionality, an MBOX file can only be used to store email messages due to its simplistic structure. As opposed to MBOX, PST’s continually evolving algorithms allow it to save a wider variety of mailbox objects, including but not limited to emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, and notes.
- Formalized in a High-Tech Way
It’s convenient that the PST format allows for the organized storage of mailbox data in several subfolders, such as Inbox, sent items, Calendar, Contacts, etc. Nonetheless, MBOX is widely used due to the efficiency with which it stores emails in a single text file organized in chronological order to import MBOX to Outlook.
- With Outlook, you may access your Exchange data.
When compared to MS Outlook, no other email client is as well-suited for connecting to Exchange. It works without a hitch with all Office 365/Microsoft 365 subscriptions and all Exchange versions, including Exchange 2019.
- A mailbox that is archived
Emails received in MS Outlook may be automatically archived without the user having to manually move them. In order to transfer emails into a new folder in Thunderbird, you will first need to create the folder.
- In Microsoft Outlook, users have the option to operate in an offline mode for more flexibility. In circumstances when there is a low or inadequate internet connection, there is no need at all to be concerned.
Manual Methods to Convert Multiple MBOX to PST
Emails may be exported as EML files from the majority of MBOX clients. For Thunderbird, we have shown the procedure:
Step 1: Save MBOX files in EML format
- Launch the email client known as MBOX. To create a new folder, right-click on a folder, and choose the New Folder option.
- Simply type in a name and then click. Make a new folder to convert multiple MBOX to PST.
- Choose all of the EML messages that you want to relocate, and then move them into the folder that was just created.
- At this time, the folder contains copies of all of the emails.
- Select all of the emails you want to save, and then choose Save as an option. It will store the emails at any place you choose, using the EML file format.
Extract Emails to the External Folder
- Right-clicking a folder in Thunderbird allows you to choose it after the software has been opened. To export all of the messages in the folder to the EML format, use the ImportExportTools NG>>Export all messages option.
- Choose a location to store the EML file, and then go to that folder.
Simply Dragging and Dropping EML Documents into Outlook
Emails saved in EML format can be read by MS Outlook. You may import emails from EML files into Outlook in the following manner:
- Launch the directory that contains all of your EML files. Simply select all of the messages, then drag & drop them into the desired folder in Outlook.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- One or more email services must convert multiple MBOX to PST. Without these, the conversion fails.
- When converting and moving emails across applications, data loss and modifications in the original format might cause issues or mistakes.
- Manual conversion requires various applications; if any of them stops operating, MBOX to Outlook transfer fails.
- Most email clients have been discontinued, making this technique obsolete.
- Due to the multiple platforms involved, a user using this strategy must be well-read. This requires technical skill.
- It’s a lengthy and complicated procedure.
The Direct Solution to Convert Multiple MBOX to PST
Both techniques to convert multiple MBOX to PST need numerous processes and add-ons. MBOX is an open-source file meant to carry basic emails, therefore its contents might become damaged. All users, especially novices, should utilize an expert MBOX to PST converter.
BitRecover MBOX to PST converter can MBOX to Outlook Converter export data effortlessly. It enables users to filter by To, From, Subject, Date, and attachment.
Many Benefits of Using an MBOX to PST Converter
- Only three steps—select, convert, and save—are required to finish the file conversion procedure.
- Filters that may be applied to the MBOX file in order to pick certain emails.
- Complete support for more than twenty different MBOX clients.
- All versions of Microsoft Outlook, including 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003, are supported.
- Before the items are converted, there is a thorough preview of the chosen ones.
Outlook’s rich capabilities and settings lead users to convert multiple MBOX to PST. The site explains free manual methods like EML drag/drop and multi-staged MBOX export using Apple Mail, Eudora, Outlook Express, etc. Due to inherent difficulties, a professional tool is advised for optimal and rapid outcomes.
Also Read: Best 15 Apps Like MangaOwl in 2022